The ridiculously adorable and newly married Lindsey at The Amateur Wife tagged me! There’s been a blog “game” of sorts going around, where people get tagged and answer the questions given to them, then make up new questions and tag other bloggers to answer them.
Phew, I hope you followed that. I can’t explain things. My ADD just wants to move on to the questions.
Anyway if you want to read sweet fun awesome Lindsey’s “tag” answers, you can right here! Thanks for tagging me Linds (can I awkwardly nickname you? I sure hope so…) and here goes nothin’!
1. What is a gross food that you really like? (Like pigs feet, or pickled eggs, sardines, liver, etc.)
I’m actually on the other end of the spectrum, where I’m super picky and think simple things like mushrooms and cucumbers count as “gross.” B thinks it’s gross that I ketchup my eggs. My twinner thinks the fact that I love CHEESE is gross. (Note to Twinner- you’re WEIRD.) I guess my peanut butter and popcorn is “gross?”
2. If you didn’t have to worry about money, what would be your dream job?
Ideally, being a stay at home wife or mom would be um, THE BEST. But if I had to work, like, make-an-income work, it would probably be either a pug farm of sorts (aka doggy daycare) or a brewery. I’d love to have a brewing company with B and name our beers after the pugs’ nicknames, like Bigwit Brown Ale, Sir Harles Hefeweizen, or maybe Sophie-Sophie Stout. I mean come on, I love pugs and I LOVE beer.
3. What is the lamest thing you’ve ever been for Halloween? Nurse A was a chick magnet last year, which teeters on the fine line between lame and extremely awesome.
I was a box of tissues once. I also made an appearance as a piece of cake. And a lobster. All of which I wish I had photos of. I’m sure my mom does somewhere, and I assure you, if she remembers to look and finds them, and then actually remembers to scan them and send them… I will POST THEM. Here are a variety of others to show you all:
High school’s fave: Jan Brady!
And a similar yet different take the next year in college… 80′s girl!
Then in college my junior year I was a Queen Bee. I turned a wand into a stinger and stung people with it. Blame it on the a-a-a-a-a-alcohol.
And B and I even were a “couples” costume once, sort of. I was a girl on the walk of shame and he was the guy that passed out at a party early.
So, there ya go.
4. Do you have any signed books? What are they, and what’s the story behind them? (If you have lots, just pick one of the most interesting. David Sedaris signed a book for me once and drew a pug in it.)
I have a few books from Bobbi Brown (the makeup artist) signed. We knew her and her family growing up- she wrote in one to “keep smiling!” My mom has them somewhere – they moved when I was in college to a smaller house so I have tons of stuff that’s “mine” that I don’t know where it is.
I also am OBSESSED with Jodi Picoult. And met her. And nearly had sixteen aneurysms.
5. What are three random things in your purse right now?
Tums Smoothies (yummy and necessary!), Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets (ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY!), and a mint tin full of coins (since I don’t have a real wallet, or money for the most part.)
6. What is one thing that never fails to make you feel better after a long or hard day?
PUGS! Pugs on my lap will always make my day better.
7. What is a weird subcategory on your Netflix movie suggestions? I’m talking about the weird movie categories they merge together like “Emotional Military Dramas” or “Quirky Television Dramas with a Strong Female Lead.”
I don’t handle our Netflix so I really have no idea what this even means? I think we’re cancelling it since we have HBO anyway. I like old corny movies like 3 Ninjas and Clue though.
8. And, because I’m the Amateur Wife, what is the one household chore that you either hate to do or are really bad at doing? Like I suck at ironing.
I hate having to vacuum but like how great it looks when it’s finally done. I also hate doing dishes but feel really satisfied when it’s done. I mostly despise LAUNDRY and making the bed though. I hate most housework!!!
Alrighty, since that’s done, time to tag eight of you guys and give you your questions!
- Jenell from OMG in Indy
- Laura from The Luckiest in Love
- Emily from A Leap Begins
- Laura from Happy Hour with a Housewife
- Maria from Procrastination Station
- MK from MK in Wonderland
- Hannah from Gator Tales
- Morgan from The Handcrafted Life
And my questions for you girls:
- If you could pick any one animal to have as a pet, what would you choose?
- What is the weirdest injury you have ever sustained?
- What is the worst insult you’ve ever received?
- Which character from Friends was your favorite? And if you didn’t watch Friends… who the F are you?
- What is the best “go-to” recipe in your arsenal?
- If you could go back and change one detail of your life, what would you change and why?
- Which of the 50 United States would you least like to live in?
- What was your favorite class in high school or college?
I can’t wait to see all of your answers!